need a little hint about dot3

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/need a little hint about dot3

trash(Posted 2004) [#1]
Only one stupid question: is there any description about textureblend 4? I mean, i CAN make a normal texture, but i need a description how to programm this (no demo , only a brief description :) )

Thx all :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#2]
Check this post out:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=37907

trash(Posted 2004) [#3]
Maybee that will help, but :D.. errr...halo, if u read this, can u put your demo online again:) got a broken link...

Next, Demos are nice, but a simple description, how to calculate lights and so on will help (me) more.

Thx by the way :)

Edit: To be more specific:

Ive got a model (called model) , a light (fixed on the camera..., so lets call it camera) , a pivot to hold the vector (called pivot)...and next thing is???

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
Well, you use entitycolor to change the direction of the light. The RED component changes the Y axis of the light direction. The GREEN component changes the X axis of the light and the BLUE changes the depth. On tangent mapping anyway. The only way i've found normal maps work good, is to use world space mapping, where RED = the x pos of light (255 = -X 0 = +X) 128 would be the light at 0 position basically. The GREEN is the Y position of the light, again 255 being the -Y and 0 being +Y, the furthest the light can go in them directions. BLUE would be the Z. Same as above.

Sorry, my explaination is a bit off, but that's the basics. Btw, the above is for direction lights only. To do point lights, you'll need to adjust the models vertex colors to get point lights. I suggest trying it out with a flat surface to get the hang of it.

Try this out. The texture does not belong to me :o)

www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/normalmapping_1.zip

Also, try and find a post by a guy called BloodLocust. He has a nice demo for worldspace normal mapping :o) in his sig that is.

trash(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ross, thats exactly what i wanted:) especially this kind of demo!! excellent for learning and get a hang on this :)

so, now i can start playn around with it

BIG THX!!!

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#6]
You can download a simple demo with small source from my sig.

Also, this is the demo from BloodLocust:
http://www.redflame.net/files/normaldemo.zip

bye!