[Team Recruitment] Max-Paintball

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/[Team Recruitment] Max-Paintball

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.max-paintball.com
--------------------------
(Pics on the site are out of date, sorry)

Description:
Max-Paintball has been in development for a little under a year and has been making great progress; unfortunately due to personal issues I had to take a break from managing the team and things sort of fell apart. Well I am back now and have managed to rally the main members back to the team but some new positions have opened up. We are really looking for people who can get excited about this project, first and for most you have to be interested in working on a game of this type. Sure it would be preferred if you had some paintball experience; but it’s not necessary.

Features: (Just in case you care)
-Real world physics
-Light, Cube, Sphere and Normal mapping
-Steam style launcher (with out all the bad)
-UDP Multi player (w/Gnet)
-Dedicated server
-Powerful in-game console
-Easy to map for (w/Cshop)
-Advanced Enemy AI
-3rd person view
-Tons of real world paintball weaponry
-Capture the flag, online game mode.

Half Done Features: (Direction the game is going in)
-Random Outdoor map generator
-Friendly AI team mates
-Vehicles (Specifically Tippman’s Hellhound)
-Single player; story driven campaign

Percs: (So what do I get for helping you useless bums out?)
Good question, I can't offer you financial restitution but beyond your credits in the game you will receive a generous amount of web space and an extremely large email account. (Hey, it's better then nothing!)

Recruitment:
Ok down to what this post was really about, I am looking for people experienced in the following field(s) to help work on this game.
-Animator
Turn a .max file (Several versions available, one CS’ed) into an animated .b3d model.
-(Player) Texture Artist
Create a texture for that model with only the UVW cords and model for reference.

Apply:
Everything sounds good to you so far? Well then this long drawn out post has done its job! Applicants should send an email in to me, answering the following questions about themselves as well as showing off their portfolio/talent.
Name/Handle:
Applying for position:
Experience in said position:
Reason for wanting to join:

Applications to webmaster@... (that’s a zero)

Well that’s all folks,
Thanks

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#2]
Man, looks really good.

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
I think it's good that you've gotten as far as you have (and the paintball guns look good, and the maps are decent), should attract a few people, but, this bit..

I can't offer you financial restitution

You should probably know that most artists who're good at their trade won't work for free. They typically know what their work is worth, so you may, after all, want to offer cash up front if you plan to sell this game- royalties don't work on that many people.

And this bit...

story driven campaign

I think you could probably ditch that for a skirmish/squad mode with multiple missions, considering this is a paintball game. How much story could there possibly be in one?

Anyhow, good luck, and it sounds like an OK game.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#4]
looked at tour screenies and it looks like it could be a really good game I hope you get a modeller to help. You mentioned tippmann hellhound I gotta see a picture of that if you ever get one made i love that little vehicle. Will tippmanns be used in game ? I've played paintball going on 5 years now and just stopped playing professionally last year I wish you luck and hope this project turns out for the better.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#5]
just stopped playing professionally last year

Your main income was from playing paintball?

ckob(Posted 2004) [#6]
well not my main income but most of it was, yes

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#7]
@Noel Cower - Thanks for the advice; hopefully some one is willing to work on this project in those field(s) never the less.
@ckob - The hell hound needs some work still, but when it's done I will gladly put up some screens. As for Tippman markers, yes.

Thanks for the feedback I apreciate it.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#8]
well im a proud supporter of tippmann so if you have them in game I will play it for sure :)