Showing off and asking a texturing question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Showing off and asking a texturing question

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#1]
...Okay, firstly im going to rehost those pics later! >.< hehehe

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#2]
yup third keyboard this year, 2nd mouse.. all due to ash. :/

3D artist? paulomars@...

modern programs Im experienced using:

Radiant (GTK, Q3, wolf, etc - the ultimate world creator)
DEDIT (Lithtec engine, sweet, but tricky)
Milkshape (amazing for the price)
CharacterFX (see above)
Studiomax (i have limited skills, but enough to get by)
Zbrush (the most underated 3D proggy ever released)
Poser (hours of fun with that puppy)

Paint progs : PSP, Photoshop and Photogenics and the GIMP

Whilst Im selling myself, I may as well add that I make music as well, usually computer music, but also combined with real instruments. But anyone can make music on a PC, these days it's almost idiot proof... almost :)

So if anyone needs something doing and thinks I might be able to help, its always worth dropping me a line cus I get a lot of free time. :) thanks.

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#3]
yup third keyboard this year, 2nd mouse.. all due to ash. :/

What did I do?!?

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#4]
hehehe v.good

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#5]
i just have to say:

Zbrush rocks!!!!!!

Id love to get and pay a pro for this, honestly i would- but i dont have cash, the entire project is based on me and any time i can get from a few mates to do the models...

In the end i want Supernova to be comercial, but im starting to feel i kinda jumped too far into the field- i shoulda done a smaller project for some cash first ^.^

Paulo, Thanks for the offer, and i may contact you shortly.

My problem is payment. I need the models for a project that i have yet to finish and therefore cannot say if itl make any cash.
Any people on this board will agree that a "help, i need some free <whatsits> and il pay you when the game is released" is a bad thing to do, and its essentially what im forced into doing.

Im interested in seeing some of your work :)

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi Cygnus,

Im not at the point where I charge to do this. I guess my level is at advanced amateur - approaching semi-pro, but it's not enough to cut it and my paying work revolves around audio transcription, harsh, but it pays the bills.
For now i do this for free.

I'm currently in the process of putting some of my better work together in webpage format, but I take my time with anything that involves websites. I can always mail you some stuff though. I recently added a screeny to the gallery here and you can also see some of my work on 2 games here, which im responsible for 99% of, graphically.

http://dgdev.qano.net/

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#7]
wooooOOOOOOO! I always wanted Barbarian on my ol beeb!!!! woooooot!

nice work dude
Contact me at damiensturdy@....

Anyone who contributes to Supernova gets put in the credits :) and if i find a "full time" modeler who stays till the end, and it does manage to take off- well, contracts will get involved.

You done some nice work :D

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#8]
Cygnus, that's a pretty cool name. Maybe, too cool...if you know what I mean...

Shouldn't you be on a C64 BBS or something?

;)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#9]
if youre on about the old 80s game company, Cygnus Software already existed and i had to change my name- Cygnus Games sounds good ,dont it? Im also known under Pink Yak Productions ^.^

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#10]
What kind of game is it? An online shooter?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#11]
its currently a space shooter- online capabilities

Soon, itl have an RPG section too. (you can be one ship, or control a group of ships...) i have a script engine in there already....

Im currently questioning weather to make it a semi MMO-

It divides itself into different games and any people that login join one of those games.....

The current network code is fast enough for it and i already have the network code doing it. (latest version)

gpete(Posted 2004) [#12]
Looks a little like Descent...nice..

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#13]
Off topic: Cygnus, Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me you still have an older radeon driver that is doing a horrible mipmapping job. If so, get a catalyst update from ati.com. As I said, maybe I am wrong, in that case please excuse.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#14]
@gpete: A few people say its a little like descent. Cool :D

@jfk: Im not sure my ti4200 would like Catalyst drivers ;)

Yeah, my graphics went downhill when i swapped an fx5200 (when it was new) for a ti4200 :)