touchscreen

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/touchscreen

luggage(Posted 2004) [#1]
In Blitz3d if I use the mouse functions do they work with a touchscreen?

Warren(Posted 2004) [#2]
I believe most touch screens simply tell the application that there was a mouse click whereever the user touches. It's all handled through their driver.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yes we use touchscreens at work and the touchscreen driver just fools windows into thinking it is a mouse...no right clicking though of course =)

ckob(Posted 2004) [#4]
yeah it just uses a grid and where ever you touch it moves the mouse to. sae thing...alhtough for 3d games I dont think it would work very well.

gburgess(Posted 2004) [#5]
I write simple games for the touchscreens in the school I work in, using Blitz3d, no problems at all. This includes LCD touchscreens, CRT touchscreens, and giant 72" back projected types. Blitz actually works better than some of the software we buy for touchscreens, which don't always respond so well. I use the standard mouse functions. Indeed, I put an option in the games to toggle the mouse pointer on and off, so they can be played with a mouse on a non-touchscreen system.

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#6]
Same here, created an app for our indoor golf simulator that works fine on a touchscreen. As far as the conmputer is concerend its just an odd sort of mouse.

luggage(Posted 2004) [#7]
brilliant.

We've used touchscreen controls for our c\c++ code but ran into a problem with when it uses direct input although I can't remember what it was now.

Good to know it'll work fine. Thanks guys!

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#8]
Shambler (Posted 2004-09-22 11:56:25)

Yes we use touchscreens at work and the touchscreen driver just fools windows into thinking it is a mouse...no right clicking though of course =)

Stupid question but couldn't a triple click then be used to emulate the R mouse??? Am I off on this???
-Z

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#9]
If it just translates a touch into a mouse click, then it wouldn't work, since triple-clicking the mouse doesn't open a right-hand menu. But don't keyboards have a right-menu button on them? Next to Ctrl on the right side?

DrakeX(Posted 2004) [#10]
well there's an alt key there (called alt gr, for some reason, in europe), but alt-clicking doesn't do the same thing as right-clicking.

unless you mean on one of those newer windows keyboards that i don't have. in which case i'm not real sure what that menu button does.. i've never pushed it.

Rottbott(Posted 2004) [#11]
Yes, there is a button on the keyboard to open a right-click menu. I don't think it's the same as an actual right click though.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#12]
That might work if the user has a keyboard...usually the idea behind a touchscreen is to get rid of both the mouse and keyboard.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#13]
Hmmmm...when I touch my screen nothing happens. It just gets spotty and dirty. What am I doing wrong??

;)

Osoko(Posted 2013) [#14]
Has someone tested how blitz reacts with touchscreens ?

Is it possible to have two or more fingers on the touchScreen and interact with them ?

Wich mean you could have variables like : Mouse1Down\FirstFinger, Mouse1Down\SecondFinger etc...

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#15]
Some real necromancy magic here.

I don't think two fingers will work, but read this: http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100466#1186805

Osoko(Posted 2013) [#16]
Seems to be problems reading the post http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100249

Malachi said :

I have a Asus vivo smart 400 mc tablet running windows 8 (not RT).
When I run a Blitz program the message I always get a message "mouse:CreateDEviceEx failed".

And D4NM4N answers

I know that b3d does NOT work without a mouse (or "mouse compatible" device like a trackpad). ... which is kind of insane, but it is possible that your tablet screen has a special driver that is not "standard mouse" compatible..

So seems to be a problem with tablet running without mouse !
Is it possible to use a library for this ?

My laptop has a touchpad, wich handle Zoom command with two fingers ( on web site ). Is it possible to retrieve it ?

Osoko(Posted 2013) [#17]
Since i've just bought the Iiyama 2452MTS, i can send you a report.

The drivers is not god : the position of the mouse is sometime not accurate. It can have a big decay with the finger position. I'm sêaking about problem inside windows itself ! The same appears into blitz3D...

Using two fingers acts like with a TouchPad.

When you want to get a MouseDown like commands, you have to put your finger on the screen and to move it a little....

Conclusion, not accurate and stable enought !

This drivers given by IIyama is called PLT2451 and the monitor is shown as PL2451 on windows system. This drivers use Monitor.sys provided by Microsoft.

If anyone has advice about configuration accuracy and stability....
Welcome :)

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#18]

the position of the mouse is sometime not accurate. It can have a big decay with the finger position.

Maybe you could try to use this userlib :
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=101477
There are up to date functions to get the input for the keyboard and the mouse. Maybe it will avoid these inaccuracies.