Some questions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Some questions

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#1]
Im thinking of buying B3D sometime (I dont have the money yet), but im worried, because I dont really have much skill in anything else except coding, and 3D requires so much.
Textures
Sounds
Models
Maps (this can be models)
and maybe a few others

And I dont understand much of how 3D programming works (all the mumbo gumbo you people talk about here).

So can anyone help me? Im not sure what the question exactly is here.

(And apparently to make a successful game in B3D, you need to buy many other products or spent alot of time making them in a cheaper version of the product, like models, GUI's, etc)

Sledge(Posted 2004) [#2]
The stinger is models... for everything else you can get by for a while (ie there are free texture packs hanging around, Maplet will do you at least to begin with where levels are concerned) but models are the one area where you really are constrained by what you can either make or afford to buy. This is normally due to them being the one thing that need to be specific to your game rather than generic and it means being realistic about what assets are available before beginning a project (ie it's pointless to begin an FPS if you haven't secured a single space marine model).

As for the coding side of things. Well, I don't know much about how 3D programming works either - that's why I use Blitz :) Most of the mumbo gumbo (jumbo?) is stuff you won't need to worry about to begin with... I'd download the demo and get comfy moving things about and seeing if they've hit one another. That's the basis for all you'll do, everything else is icing.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#3]
when doing models, ALWAYS draw what you plan to have, modeling is easyer when you can see it on paper or something

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#4]
I have made small models, dunno how good they were technically . I still have to decide if i do want to buy b3d, ill get anim8or and mess around with it ;) try to make something decent