Delphi Forms/Dll's

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Delphi Forms/Dll's

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2004) [#1]
This message is basically for Mark Sibly, but anyone can answer if they know the answer or solutions to my problem.

Has anyone toyed with the idea of using Delphi or C++ Builder Forms in a Blitz program. (Either embedding them within a .DLL file or any other method)

My reasoning behind these questions are:
-- I like the database support that these languages offer, Blitz3D has no database support (other than text files) that can be used for rpg games, etc.
-- While Blitz Basic has the Text and Print commands for displaying text, I have found the Memo and RichEdit components in the Delphi/C++ Builder environments to work much better than Blitz's (or I should say I have 3+ years experience working with Delphi/C++ Builder and know my way around with those languages than I do with Blitz)
-- I tried to do something with Blitz's Sprite and Image commands, but couldn't get the effects I wanted, but I know how to do them in Delphi/C++ Builder.

Those are my reasons, I'd appreciate any discussion on these topics that you game programmers have time for.