WinBlitz3D latestBETA

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D latestBETA

Kev(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all

a list of new features, i decided to make this version available in its current state.

other little bits have been added that are not listed below.

usefonts - use font in any gadget.
fontrequest - request font dialog.
colorrequest - color request dialog, use RequestedRed(), RequestedBlue() and RequestedGreen() to obtain selected color.
imagepanel - add bitmap images to panels.
menuicons - extra option to add icon bitmaps to menu items.
pathrequest - request path dialog
Installer - example of an installer.

also new is treeview and toolbars these still need some work. icon gadget support is supported in treeviews also.

download
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pamela.poole/WinBlitz3D_latestBETA.rar

ive also included halo's BlitzEXEHacker example for removing the runtime's window at startup.

any feedback welcome.

kev

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hi Kev,

I know your email is a little bit dodgey so posted here too...

The Mixed Gui doesn't appear to work too well. Cannot get the keyboard or menu to work in mixed mode...

Any thoughts?

Kev(Posted 2004) [#3]
Boiled Sweets, yes im aware theres problems with mixed 3d/gui events.

ive not attemped to fix these while most of my spare time being used on the new version that works under debug mode this fixes all events.

a possable fix for these missing events might be to setup a type then add the winproc events to it, process the event from the type and delete it. WinProcReturn bank contains the winproc data.

let me know how you get on, like i said it would be a waste of my time to fix this when ive work to do on the fixed hooked version.

kev

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#4]
Erm so are you saying that the new unreleased version works 100% in debug mode and you are trying to get it working 100% in release mode at the moment?

If so I;ll wait till you have finished. Please let me know.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#5]
Boiled Sweets, the new unreleased version works 100% in debug mode and release mode.

im rewriting to handle the events better, im using the types for holding events and removing them after there processed. im also working on the docs.

kev

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#6]
AH great,

so...

1) When will it be available?
2) How much will it be?

Kev(Posted 2004) [#7]
Boiled Sweets

1) im realy busy so theres no date just yet, sorry.
2) about 10 uk pounds.

kev