Manual cube map coords?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Manual cube map coords?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm guessing the extra coord blitz lets you set is for a 3d vector pointing towards one of the faces on a cube map..and i know b3d does offer 3 kinds of cube mapping modes..

But without spending hours blaming my code for it not working, can anyone tell me if it's possible to manually set cube map coords?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#2]
What do you exactly mean?

The only possibility to access CubeMap textures is the SetCubeFace which will change your texturehandle to point to the wanted cubemapface's texture

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#3]
I mean on the mesh it's self. After you apply a cube map, is there a way to overide blitz's automatically generated UV coords and set your own? Blitz *Does* have the extra W component that's used (iirc) in dx, which makes the uvw overall a 3d vector, think of the cubemap as a cube around the entity, each face = one cube map face..the point where the vector intersects = the texel where that vert begins.

But cubemap mode only seems to cycle through 3 automatic modes..but it's a hidden func, so i'm hoping there's another one..

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hidden command? Didn't even know of that ...
the whole cubemap stuff hasn't been in for that long (1.85)... perhaps that is the reason no one really suggested anything in this direction or investigated it that far.

Tried something in that direction for my undersea game for the wave reflection on the ships but UVs can't even be modified on cube texture itself ( PositionTexture etc don't work )

sorry that I was no real help so far.
If I find anything I will let you know.