Masked speed issues

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Masked speed issues

SirGorto(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am trying to get some plant life for the ground cover of my world and am having issues with the masking of a texture placed onto a model to looke like a more detail plant. The amount of triangles is really low but the fps are horrible onyl when I have a few masked objects on teh screen at once.

Any ideas or reasons? thanks...

AdrianT(Posted 2004) [#2]
don't know, first thing I'd check was that all alike models share a surface, and that your not picking or colliding all the geometry. Sometimes simple things can slow it down a lot. you should be able to get a fair number of masked objects out there without much slow down even on a fairly old system.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#3]
Nonono It wasn't Speed that wore the mask... it was his older brother Rex... The Masked Racer was Racer X... or Kebala (If you remember your Gogo Racer episodes)

OK Seriously.

Are you creating EACH plant as a seperate entity? OR are all the plants (copyentity or copymesh)???

I used a TYPE function to create random trees from the freeware tree creator in my game so they would be randomly placed and or random scale. That way I could also check the ground at the point of the tree and have good Y values.

Example of how is in TUTORIALS.

-Z

SirGorto(Posted 2004) [#4]
I believe that I may have used seperate entities loaded each time and not used copy entity or copy mesh. I will check.

how do I manage to get them all on one surface?

Thanks for your replies...

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#5]
AddMesh() will put two meshes on the same surface.. make sure they share the same texture first ^^

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#6]
It is hard to tell without example code... post some or we can keep guessing.
-Z