simple GUI

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/simple GUI

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#1]
does ne1 know of a free GUI/lib to use that is free, easy to use, AND COMES WITH GOOD DOCUMENTATAION AND EXAMPLES... ive tried BCF, but all the junk is in French or whatever and lots of other GUIs have examples that dont help or dont even have examples/documentation or have horrible documentation ...for example, BCF2 even has documentation that is wrong... The CreateWindow(...) thing in the documentation example of BFC2 doesnt have enough variables in it... its missing two... >:( ... please help!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
IT depends on what features the gui should have. Try WinB3D, it has a limited range of gadgets including true winapi menus, and if used carefully, you can do almost everything with it. Guess it's in the toolbox. There is also XLnt2, but you have to register it if you want to release your work with that gui.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#3]
ne1 have a tutorial for Ngui in english? or for BCF 2.0 in English? or a tutorial for WinBlitz3d?

N(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looked at BlitzUI? Its documentation is about the best I've seen for free GUIs.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#5]
theduck,

What - are you Qwackers m8!

All the instructions are in English too - you just have to look for them - The Franch ones are called Documentation the English ones are called "ReadMe".

Qwack! (I know its spelled wrong btw).

IPete2.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#6]
next version of WinBlitz3d will include full documentation, new features include access to font/color/path requesters its now possable you use any font in any gadget. toolbars and treeviews are also close to finished. other fixes include debug mode gadget event detection.

kev

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#7]
Kev, that sounds mighty good, I'm looking forward to it

Kev(Posted 2004) [#8]
Jeroen, also menu icons and image push buttons are finished and will also be included with the next version. theres quite a bit thats been added its a nice update

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#9]
I doubt theduck can actually speak english since ne1 should be spelled ANYONE.

I didn't find the french too hard because it doesn't matter what the name of something is... just what it does.

Perhaps it is because I also speak and read Spanish as well... latin languges etc.

NGui is great. The learning curve is very steep even if you read French. But the language is B3D too. My point is you can change the documentation (babelfish still free???) into English. but the B3D is still in English. Slow down Speed Racer... Listen to Racer X...;)

-Z