2 programming positions open

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/2 programming positions open

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Our WWII game is nearing a point where we can branch off and allow another programmer to separately develop two different subsystems.

First, I am looking for someone to develop the vehicles system. There are a few parameters within which the code should be written, and a scale and sample media will be provided. You will need to look at the Newton and Tokamak physics engines and see which best suits this purpose. Vehicles will include small jeeps, transport trucks, as well as large heavy tanks.

Second, I am looking for one programmer to deal with nothing but AI. You would be provided with a development version of the engine, and a script to edit. This person should have some prior experience with FPS or other AI, and be interested in creating advanced bots that use their surroundings to take cover, flank their enemies, etc. Bots do not simply run around killing enemies, but rather, they pursue objectives, and communicate to take key points during the battle. A hierarchel rank has the commanding officer relay instructions to all subordinates. In the event of the ranking officer's death, the next highest-ranking NCO takes command.

You will not be given the engine source in either of these cases.

If interested, email josh@... and include links to your previous works. I will not reply publically on this thread.

Thanks.