WinBlitz3D Question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D Question

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am currently trying to add the winBlitz3D Lib to one of my Programs. It's using the BB_3D_View Command to embed the 3D window into the GUI Window.

Unfortunately the WaitEvent() Command does not return the values that are used in the examples: $1001 for menu clicks and $401 for Button clicks. Instead it returns $135 for Buttonclick events, and I cannot figure out the returned values of the Menuclick events! I tried to catch the return values, but for some reason this didn't work.

Any Idea how to make this work?
(btw it's the winblitz3D lib v.0.16b)

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's a bit hard to know how to help jfk, because the demo works fine.

Do you want to show some of your code that uses these functions so we can see what's happening.

I also noticed in the demo that the test buttons don't show up until the window is moved/resized/etc.

I'll try write another little demo and see if it helps ,OK.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
got it, seems like it don't likes the vsync command VWAIT. If you add it inside the Render3D Function of the mixedGui3D example, the menu don't return events anymore.

But now I have yet another problem: when I exit the mainloop after a click on the QUIT MEnu entry, I get a BlitzCC Crash. Can I generate a $803 event? (exit button)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
ok, solved this as well, just call

apiSetParent BB_3D_View,0

before you end the blitz program, to unparent the blitzwindow that was sticked onto the Gui window before.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#5]
hi gfk,

i have some problems just subclassing the blitz runtimewindow, ive just finished rewriting winblitz3d's winproc handle by hooking blitz's internal winproc and now have the correct values returned under non debug/debug mode.

Phil74, the rewrite has also fixed this.

im now using WH_CALLWNDPROC when i call SetWindowsHookEx() to hook the system events before there processed by blitz.

i also played with this and hooked blitz3d's ide and added new menus :)

a new version will be available soon.

kev

BODYPRINT(Posted 2004) [#6]
Cheers Kev :-)
Great stuff!!