Make it work right, already.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes please.

smilertoo(Posted 2004) [#3]
How do you mean? seems to work ok here.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
Works here too.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#5]
Doesn't work for me. Also should have settings for 2x 4x 6x 12x etc.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]

See my thread in Blitz3d bug reports. Some people ( like me ) can have it forced on in drivers and get none. Some people can have it forced off in drivers and still get antialiasing. Ideally, it would be nice if the application chose, as "application choice" implies.

N(Posted 2004) [#7]

Blitz's anti-aliasing toggle doesn't work on some cards that support anti-aliasing, and when anti-aliasing is forced it sometimes doesn't work as well. As such, this means that it isn't working 'right', it's just working in some cases. In my case, I've only gotten anti-aliasing to work about 3 times in Blitz.

I'd like to see some nice smooth lines rather than these ugly-as-heck aliased edges.

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#8]
I'd like to see it working properly too, I can't get it to work here either unless I force it on. (ATI Radeon 9800)

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#9]
agreed.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#10]
Seems to not work on a fair amount of cards. I don't really mind not having it. Id rather bump up the resolution, than use anti-aliasing.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#11]
I think some people are mixing the AA from actual graphics card with the AA abilities older cards had and which newer ones aren't supporting anymore.

Due to the fact that Blitz3D is DX7 I don't think support for AA and AF can be implemented ...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#12]
Due to the fact that Blitz3D is DX7 I don't think support for AA and AF can be implemented ...

It's working perfectly on a lot of modern cards, and not on a lot of other modern cards, so evidently this is not the case.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#13]
It works fine for my tired GeForce3Ti200.

N(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hotcakes: Doesn't work fine on my tired GeForce 3 ti200.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#15]
That's very odd. Do you and Hotcakes have the same Dx version? What about the same Blitz3D version?

Traci(Posted 2004) [#16]
It works on both my laptop ati (though it just stops working mid run of the program occasionally :S) and on my geforce 3 ti on my desktop pc. It's unbelievably slow though on both, so I never bother with it.

N(Posted 2004) [#17]
Do you and Hotcakes have the same Dx version? What about the same Blitz3D version?

1. 9.0b
2. Latest.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#18]
GFX card drivers break it like there's no tomorrow!

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#19]
GFX card drivers break it like there's no tomorrow!

You may be right, but only in Blitz. All my other DX games can enable and disable AA as I request them to.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#20]
Lol@Noel.

Yeh I have the same DirectX/Blitz3D as you, too.

In display properties-->settings-->advanced-->GeForce3 Ti 200, my BIOS is v3.20.00.28 and every file in the 'Driver version information' box has v6.14.10.5216...

My card's brand is Sparkle! =] I bought it for that reason only. No, not really...

Rottbott(Posted 2004) [#21]
I've never once got anti aliasing to work in Blitz. I used to have an ATI Rage Fury, now I have a GeForce 3 Ti 200.

I'll post again in a week or so when I get my GeForce 6800 GT, and I've checked if it works yet :)

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#22]
Hmm. Maybe it used to work for me but I havn't checked in a really long time?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#23]
modern cards run AA faster than ever. AA is NOT going away.

AA will only become more used. No matter what resolution you use, AA is becoming even more important. Take TFT? you cannot use higher resolutions with those at all. And for others, their monitors are not good enough. How about a situation where you're running 1600x1200? here's the catch: you only run that res on monitors big enough. And on big monitors, you see big jaggies.

I belive Blitz's AA should be looked at again, and have a number instead of a boolean so we can choose 2,4,8,16x AA by using 1,2,3 or 4 as a parameter. it's unlikely that there will be a 32x as there is no visual difference.

Apparently Doom3 has AA options from 2,4,8,16x and they work fine. Can someone confirm? I am tired of twiddling it on and off in drivers. Where possible, I like it set per-game.

With Blitz games usually running with loads of speed to spare on higher end systems it makes even more sense to make them look as good as they can be.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#24]
You can't override your drivers settings. Unless they're specifically set to 'Let the app choose' or whatever equivilent,you're stuck. Which probably explains why it's not working for some of you guys.

aa/aniscopic filtering do have full control in gl(2x etc)so there's no chance dx doesn't.. (Ben Stiller)Mark. Do it. Do it.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#25]
I have had mine set to app choice and it still doesn't work.

morduun(Posted 2004) [#26]
Blitz AA works on my laptop's radeon 9000 mobility, but doesn't on my desktop's ge4ti 4400. Both are set to 'let the app choose.' This is definitely one of the things it'd be nice to have working right.

DrakeX(Posted 2004) [#27]
doesn't work with my radeon 9500 either.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#28]

I have had mine set to app choice and it still doesn't work.

Same here. :(

Before mine broke with a (necessary) driver update, it worked swimmingly on my Geforce 2 GTS with hardly any permormance hit. Absolutely killed my Geforce 256 machine, mind you. :P I still want it back, though!!!!!