EzBlitz demo now on-line (VC++ 6)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EzBlitz demo now on-line (VC++ 6)

verfum(Posted 2004) [#1]
Create Blitz programs in C++

Download from
www.EzBlitz.com

or from the direct link below
http://www.ezblitz.com/EzBlitz.exe

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Interesting project. Probably some parallels with BMax concerning the target type of user. Anyway, for those who cannot live with OO it might be very nice.

verfum(Posted 2004) [#3]
The project came from the fact that I'm very impatient. I wanted a decent simple game engine that uses C++, but none exist. I used to have Blitz when it was on the Amiga and noticed Blitz3D recently. Having tried it out I was impressed, but these days I'm a C++ programmer and learning the Blitz syntax and having to put up with it's idiosyncrasies put me off a bit.

Ironic thing is I've spent more time doing this to get Blitz working with C++ than if I'd just written in Blitz - I have to know Blitz inside-out to be able to do the project anyway!

Hehe :P

Cheers for your interest - I'd appreciate any other comments.

ChrML(Posted 2004) [#4]
That's a nice thing you've cooked together :).

I guess EzServer.exe listens on some port at localhost taking orders sent from the C++ executable? :P

verfum(Posted 2004) [#5]
>That's a nice thing you've cooked together :).

>I guess EzServer.exe listens on some port at localhost >taking orders sent from the C++ executable? :P

Cheers matey!
Using TCP is one method of interprocess communication, but a quicker way is to use shared memory between processes. It seems to work well.