Mesh Animations

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Mesh Animations

Hypervox(Posted 2004) [#1]
Quick question for all the gurus!

I know you can animate a mesh, and that you can also append animations from another mesh.

Can you have more than one animation running concurrently (i.e. if you had one animation where the mesh is walking, and one where the head nods, can you have both animations running so that you have a nodding walking mesh?)

I think the answer is no, but can someone confirm this?

TIA - Hypervox

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#2]
No. You'd need to hand-animate the nodes to achieve this.

Hypervox(Posted 2004) [#3]
Sorry to be an idiot(;-)), are we talking nodes as in bones, or nodes as in vertices?

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#4]
Verts are assigned to bones (nodes) inside your modeler..
Joints are usually assigned names in the modeler as well.
Since animated models are loaded with LoadAnimMesh - you'll have complete
access to all the named sections of the model.

ie:
joint1=FindChild(MyModel,"LeftArm")
turnentity joint1,0,0,1

this small example would rotate the joint("LeftArm"), which makes up some of then bone structure, which has verts assigned to it, on it's z-axis.

kalimon(Posted 2004) [#5]
err... you are lsot my firned!!!

I'd say that using the interpolation the camra uses, you can make 1 extra square Smoothing 2 aniamtions. Or youcan go vertex by vertex and generate a 3rd model that is the result of interpolating each vertex coordinates (so mcuh work)

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
Or youcan go vertex by vertex and generate a 3rd model

No, you can't. Blitz doesn't allow you to create bones or assign vertices to them, so creating a model with skeletal animation is pretty impractical. In fact the only way I can think of would be to write a b3d to disk and load it back in again, which kinda defeats the object of blending in the first place.