seeing entityradius, box

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/seeing entityradius, box

ryan scott(Posted 2004) [#1]
is there any way to retrieve and display the entitybox and entityradius that's been assigned to an object?

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#2]
No, you have to record them when you set them if you want to retrieve the values used.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#3]
Take a million and one little particle decals,

fire them at your object from every concievable angle, with collision settings so they stop dead when they hit the bounding hitbox/radius

-----------
hmm that was just a joke, but there is potential wiothin the idea....

ryan scott(Posted 2004) [#4]
yeah well i fire bullets at it to see the outline of the box.

it sucks really.

i'll post a different question related to this in another thread.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#5]
actualy a good question...i have no idea about the answer but ..a good Question..

TomToad(Posted 2004) [#6]
You could create a sphere or box the same size as the bounding box, set it's EntityAlpha value to something low and parent it to the entity.

SoggyP(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hi Folks,

I think someone has put up a code snippet for this - check the archives.

Later,

Jes

ryan scott(Posted 2004) [#8]
autobox? i found it didn't work. i'm not sure what it was confused by. i think if the origin wasn't in the middle because you used fitmesh or something, it got confused, but i haven't looked deeply into it.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#9]
The collision raduis is basically the same scale as the size of a sphere. So if the collision raduis is 1, create a sphere size 1, parent it and put it at the centre of your mesh.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#10]

You could create a sphere or box the same size as the bounding box, set it's EntityAlpha value to something low and parent it to the entity.

That's by far the best way!