EntityAlpha on Terrains

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EntityAlpha on Terrains

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#1]
Doesn't seem to work when more than one texture is applied. Yet Blitz accepts the command.

Any workarounds? (Im trying to avoid not using Blitz terrains even though the terrains in this case are actually completely flat!)

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#2]
Okay failing to play around with terrains - How can I make a really big quad to put 2 textures on it?

(Yes I really dont know how to make 3d shapes :-) )

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Terrain = createcube()
scaleentity Terrain,width,0,depth

like that

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#4]
Scaling with a '0'dimension results in the entity being invisible no matter what angle it is viewed from AFAIK . Also, Primitive cubes have only one surface and don't take to multi-texturing too well. (Tried it hehe ;-))

Thanks for replying tho

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#5]
Aww come on! I know it's not that difficult a request...

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#6]
Just cooked this up, also learned a thing about how to UV map vertices here as well on a single quad.....hope it helps ya any :

Any chance someone knows how to get the textures so they dont have the multiply effect, but are also masked?
(tried using flag 4 on texture while using textureblend to disable the multiply effect, but it aint workin)

BTW, this is the first time in a long...long while I've ever actually coded something in B3d....
(never really got around to making an actual 3d game, still tryin to make a 2d-platformer here)

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#7]
Thanks Genexi - I prolly wont be able to try it till tomorrow or very late tonight. but it looks like it might help - kinda scary stuff all that TextureBuffer and AddVErtex stuff....

Just one quick question for now...

what does:
;thinger = the mesh you passed on to get a quad embedded on

mean???

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#8]

what does:

;thinger = the mesh you passed on to get a quad embedded on

mean???

The way I setup the function is that you have to create a mesh (which in the code I declared as "Global thingy = CreateMesh()"), and then you call the function, passing that mesh along with it (which gets referenced to in the function as thinger), then the function adds all the verts\tris to it.

kinda scary stuff all that TextureBuffer and AddVErtex

TextureBuffer is simple....basically the same as ImageBuffer, except its on a texture, except you can get issues with the textures "bleeding" onto the edges on the opposite side of it due to the method of filtering I believe (bilinear).

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#9]
HGmm I got stuck when it came to adding Surfaces and painting them etc. In the end I 'Kludged' something together that's workable. Thanks for your help!