Using OCX

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Using OCX

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
Can B3D access OCX? or DLL written for VB???

See I have VBCards.dll and I thought you could use that for VB or VC... I am probably wrong in that:

As far as I know there are only a few calls in this DLL. GETCARD, ISCARDRED, ISCARDBLACK, CARDVALUE, CARDEQUALVALUE... maybe a few more.

I sure wish I knew more about this! Can't seem to find any docs online... :)

_rook

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
You can't use DLL written in VB6 unless you use a third party product called VB Advance.

You can't access OCX directly, but you can embed an OCX in an html page, and access to it from within Blitz using the newest html commands - the ones added in the latest version release.

Other DLLs written in any language - C++,Delphi,Purebasic and the like, are fully compatible with Blitz.

This post may interest you; it's a pity that the author - skidracer - did not answer to the last question though:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=34406

Sergio.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#3]
So a VCCards DLL would work. I may have to figure out VBCards DLL and just jump it over... Thanks for the info and the forum... :)
-RZ

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#4]
The only thing I see for VB Advance is for the Mac. Is there some link someone knows of???

semar(Posted 2004) [#5]
There should be also the Windows version. You may ask to some user which have done something useful with it, for example Kanati and Kurtz.

One topic:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=28210

Sergio.

P.S.
If you use the search feature in this forum with the key 'VBAdvance', you will find more info about this topic.

(with an echo delayed distant voice:
...use the Search function Rook.... The Search function...unction.. ction...ion... on....
;-)

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#6]
search function doesn't work well... most people can't spel!

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#7]
Likewise you can insert an ocx onto a vb form and include it in a DLL created with vbadvance. That should allow you to use the ocx at least partially.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#8]
Cool beans! I am going to try that option as well... I may just try to write a VCcards DLL mysefl...
:)
-RZ