Sprite memory leak?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Sprite memory leak?

SirGorto(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am trying to add particle type systems to my game world and I am attempting to use sprites for the particles. Now I have very little actually running in the game world but if I have a fountain type system running for too long everything begins to get choppy and worse and worse fps.

Is there a known problem with sprites not being fully freed when you call freeentity sprite? It seems I had this same issue a long while back. Please somebody help me out.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Maybe your code contains a memory leak.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#3]
Is there a known problem with sprites not being fully freed when you call freeentity sprite?

Yes, but it's largely theoretical and would probably take best part of an hour of solid running before it showed up. It's far more likely there's a problem with your code.

That sad, if you can recycle the sprites intead of deleting and creating, that would be better.

SirGorto(Posted 2004) [#4]
I got it working!! it took me hours and hours but i found the typo that made things go bad. That is one drawback to having variables not have to have a type specified. Oh well, thanks guys.