Creating low-res textures from high res

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Creating low-res textures from high res

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is there a quick and easy way of creating a 128x128 texture from a 512x512 texture?
and have it map onto the object in the same way,

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
Just scale the texture in code or in your art program. Easy as pie.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#3]
Scaling the texture won't affect the mapping. Mapping is stored as values ranging from 0-1, so it's all relative and independant of the size of the actual texture.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#4]
I used UU3D to reapply the low-rez texture and it worked a treat - doesnt seem to be a way of doing it quicker than that though

Warren(Posted 2004) [#5]
I don't think I'm understanding the situation. Why does resizing the texture require you to do anything beyond saving the texture? Mapping coordinates don't change based on the size of the texture...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#6]
I think it's a case of the texture being loaded automatically..so he's assigned the new low res to the model in some other prog, because blitz is very odd when it comes to feedback.

If you want to override it, you'll have to jump through some hoops.GetBrush on every surface, then getTExture from 0 to 3, until texturename matches your texture.

Unless you specifically know where it is..then just getbrush on the surface, change texture/re-apply brush.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#7]
Make sure the new texture is the same name as the old texture.