B3D Animation Help Needed

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D Animation Help Needed

Makepool(Posted 2004) [#1]
I’m using 3D Studio Max to try and animate a boned mesh in blitz exporting with b3dpipline. My problem is that I can only animate by first using GetChild and using Animate on handle returned by that, I was told that I need to turn the mesh into the Root of the scene in B3D pipeline/3D Studio, how do I go about making the mesh itself the scene root?

Eg

Instead of having to use this code to animate:

Robot = LoadAnimMesh("C:\Documents and Settings\Chewy\My Documents\Models\Marine_Walk.b3d")

b = GetChild (robot,3)

Animate b,1,0.35,0;,100

I simply want to animate like this:

Robot = LoadAnimMesh("C:\Documents and Settings\Chewy\My Documents\Models\Marine_Walk.b3d")

Animate Robot,1,0.35,0;,100

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Maybe you need to ask this in the "other tools" section.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, this is a B3D Pipeline specific question, not a general question about Blitz3D. I certainly know nothing about this issue; b3d models from other sources don't require the use of GetChild before calling Animate.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#4]
am i missing something or being a bit daft but wheres the extract anim bit..

mesh = LoadAnimMesh("mesh.b3d"))
walk=ExtractAnimSeq(mesh,33,69); 33 to 69 the anim frames to grab
Animate mesh,1,.1,walk,20

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#5]
A quick and easy way to make the Mesh the root node of an animated model is to load the model into PaceMaker and then export. The exported model will have the mesh as the root node by default.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#6]
Extract is only necessary if you have multiple animation sequences. Without using that Animate will default to just playing all the animation frames as a single sequence.

Anyway, he did ask this in Other Tools and got his question answered.