Precompiled Scripts?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Precompiled Scripts?

Omnigalactic(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is there any way to precompile a B3D script or convert it into a DLL?

I have an application that's working fairly well. I'm also using FUI for the gui stuff. If I build my portion of the app (without linking in the FUI stuff), it takes only 1-2 seconds to compile the full source code. But when I include the FUI stuff, it takes 10-15 seconds to compile. So is there any way to precompile the FUI code and be able to call it as usual?

(My main concern here is precompiling. I don't want to get caught up in FUI discussions. I may wish to precompile other non-FUI scripts in the future.)

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
Blitz doesn't use 'scripts' - the source is compiled. There isn't really any way to precompile to a DLL or lib in Blitz3D. BlitzMax will have this feature tho.

Another option is to get a faster computer. :)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#3]

There isn't really any way to precompile to a DLL or lib in Blitz3D. BlitzMax will have this feature tho.

So bmax *can* make .dlls? Best. Insider. Slip up. Ever. ;)

Nice....

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#4]
And this is exactly how rumours start.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#5]
Isn't masterbreaker one of bresearch's contracted workers? if not then I guess it's not so certain...

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#6]
Slow down guys, I didn't say that it could produce DLLs (altho it may - I just don't know), but as far as I know it will produce precompiled libs for itself.

I am neither tester nor worker.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#7]
Ah, I have you confused with another forum goer then...sorry ;)

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#8]
Mark hasn't said anything at all about support for compiling DLLs, IIRC. As to if this means it's in or it's out, well...

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#9]
Here we go into the seething mass of *WHATS COMING IN BMAX!!!* miasma again...