WinBlitz3D beta available for download

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D beta available for download

Kev(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi

WinBlitz3D currently Supports the following. gadget/window position and state support has also been added. NO DLL is required.

push button,check box,radio button
combobox
edit
open/save filerequesters
listbox
menus
progress bars

following gadget types has limited support
listview
tabber
scrollbars

rember this is a early version, download .decls and sourcecode here.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pamela.poole/WinBlitz3D_beta.zip

feedback please.
Kev

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hey Kev,

That is bloody awesome. I'm very busy with my game atm, so I hope you get pretty good feedback from others :)

Well done. How did you do this without a DLL?

Edit:

I noticed some weird things.
I can't resize the columns in a listbox.
The file requester demo does not open filerequesters, only a window saying "open" and "close".

Kev(Posted 2004) [#3]
Jeroen, thanks for the feedback.

To make winblitz3d work i coded a custom winproc using inline asm, i execute the inline asm using a call to apiCallWindowProc()

a fix for the problem with columns in a listview, modify the 'apiPeekMessage(WinProcReturn,0,0,0,1)
' in the EventHandler() function to 'apiGetMessage(WinProcReturn,0,0,0)' you will be able to resize them.

i will look into the filerequesters, what os version did you try it on? (tested and working under win98)

kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#4]
Excellent work Kev.
I'm having a few problems though;

The same problem as Jeroen with the file requesters.

Combobox.bb stops with the error "Offset out of range"

Most of the other examples run but don't work when you click on gadgets, the event numbers seem to be different.

WinXP, Athlon 2100+, Gerforce 4100Ti, 1 Gig Ram

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hi Kev,

Okay, I will try your suggestion on the column resizing.
I use Windows XP, just like Algo.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#6]
Algo,

i will fix the the file requesters, Combobox.bb has been fixed, the banksize was the problem. switch debug mode off this should sort out the events problem. theres still some problems hooking events when debug mode is switched on.

Jeroen, yes i think filerequest problems with winblitz3d and winxp, im looking into it.

Kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hi Kev,

Yep switching debug off seems to make the events register.

The only things that aren't working are, progressbar.bb doesn't do anything and the button in the tabber.bb.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#8]
Algo, i need to look into progressbar.bb problems.

thanks
kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#9]
Sorry to bug you again,

Another thing is the cpu usage, it's 100% like you'd expect from a b3d app but when you click to resize or move the window it drops right down, it's more noticeable in editbox.bb where the cursor furiously blinks away until you click to move the window then it blinks at a normal rate.

I don't know if this is normal?

Kev(Posted 2004) [#10]
Algo

can you modify the CreateProgBar() function, and let me now if it works.

change apiCreateWindow class.

"msctls_progress" to "msctls_progress32"

*EDIT modifying the "msctls_progress32" works.

kev

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#11]
very impressive!!! Works with WindowBlinds aswell btw, so that's nice :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#12]
This is cool! Finally I can use the windows style gadgets. Nice work so far :D
Would it be possible to add a function that makes the window go to the system tray? because you seem to be able to get quite a bit of control over it.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#13]
Mr. Picklesworth, ive coded a dll for blitz+ called taskbar.dll thats in the code archive's the code will be ported to blitz3d sometime.

kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#14]
The progress bar is now visible and when you click on the button it instantly fills up.

Whatever settings you use for progressloop in UpdateProgBar(progressbar,progressloop) just fills the whole bar.

Kram(Posted 2004) [#15]
Very impressive stuff Kev!!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#16]
Very cool :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#17]
This is a decl that I will be using a lot as soon as its complete m8.

Nice job.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#18]
If anyone's created examples and would like to send them me for inclusion in future beta's would be great.

thanks for the comments

kev