Any Milkshape Experts here? plus LoaderMatrix

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Any Milkshape Experts here? plus LoaderMatrix

Jager(Posted 2004) [#1]
Ok, I have horse mesh in Milkshape I want to center, ie I want to move the mesh and skeleton without screwing up the animations. I tired moving the skeleton first then the mesh but animations get corrupted. I had a similar problem with one of soldier meshes and I ended up having to reassine all the joints .. I don't want to do that with the horse.

If I cannot get the above to work then I might have to look at using LoaderMatrix.

If I have a 3DS mesh and I want to rotate it so the horse is looking right, not left (not sure what axis that is), what LoaderMatrix params would I use? I have tried a few guesses but to no effect.

Any help appreciated, Fields Of MArs is looking good and should be ready for testing soon.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#2]
Well, just saying I want to make it faceright when it's left isn't gonna help.

Try this anyway:

LoaderMatrix "3ds",1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1

Inverts the Z axis.

I'm not sure about the animation though.

Rottbott(Posted 2004) [#3]
You might be able to move it if you select/move the skeleton and the mesh at the same time. Make sure animation mode is turned off when you do it.

Tranz(Posted 2004) [#4]
Select JUST the root bone, then select the model while holding down the shift key...you should then be able to move the model without messing up the animations.

*(Posted 2004) [#5]
I think there may be a 'select all' option that will select the skeleton, all the vertices and faces.

Tranz(Posted 2004) [#6]
There is a 'select all' option, but you don't want to use it on an animated model, it'll mess up the bones.

Select JUST the root bone, then the mesh and move it.

Jager(Posted 2004) [#7]
thanks all, but nothing suggested worked.

I suppose this is the price for using a cheap mesh editor.

*(Posted 2004) [#8]
The only option I can think of is clicking the Anim button to turn on anims and moving the main bone to the desired place in each frame.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#9]
OK simpler... move the horsemesh model BEFORE you make the skeleton... If the skeleton already exists then MAKE NEW ONE or use the original 3D modeller program to move the horsemesh before you import it into Milkshape.

Matty(Posted 2004) [#10]
After loading the model into Milkshape make sure that ANIM is turned off. Select the root bone. Select rotate. Type 90 degrees, 180 degrees or however much you want it to rotate. Do Not use the mouse to rotate it but enter an exact value. Then repeat the process by selecting all the vertices, select rotate and type the same angle into the text boxes. Once again do so by entering the values directly rather than using the mouse to rotate.