strange camera issue

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/strange camera issue

cash(Posted 2004) [#1]
Can anyone help with the following.

When the camera rotates left and right, items in view of the camera disappear and reappear before they should.

Its annoying because an enemy infront of me disappears from view before it actually should.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sorry, but this must be something you're doing wrong. :) Can't tell what without some code! ;)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
I know this, it happens with .b3d animated Meshes, eg. Characters. they are (theoreticly only) hidden and occluded from rendereing, when they are not in the field of view of the camera. It seems like blitz is only checking if the initial shape would be visible, ignoring the current animation state.

But I thought this was fixed some Versions ago? What version do you use?

cash(Posted 2004) [#4]
I am using .b3d animated models and using the latest V1.87.

I think it may be something to do with smoothcam....

All depends on distance from object.

I will work on...

cash(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yes it is to do with smoothcam.

If I do a standard entityparent of camera to man then rotating left to right keeps all objects visible.

Now to work out why smoothcam is causing the issue.

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#6]
What's smoothcam?

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#7]
I think it's a popular code archive people use. Basically it follows a pivot smoothly rather than being jerky and following its every motion.

Jager(Posted 2004) [#8]
I have a problem with HideEntity and animations, trying to test if an entity is animating while it's hidden doesn't work.

It should because I hide all entities not in camera view (to increase FPS) but I still want them moving.

ZombieWoof(Posted 2004) [#9]
Perhaps "EntityAlpha e,0" instead of HideEntity ? that takes it out of the rendering pipeline, and may not effect animations. (wild guess -- anyone else know better ??)