PointEntity

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/PointEntity

Jager(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hmmm, I point my entity at another and it turn's it's back on it!? LOL! maybe that function should renamed - ShunEntity?

Ok, My Mesh might be back to front. How do I get Blitz to turn it around - RotateEntity and TurnEntity doesn't sem to work.

Milkshape keeps screwing up my meshes when I try to rotate them (including skeleton)

Traci(Posted 2004) [#2]
if your mesh is back to front, the only way I have found to do it is use rotateentity 180 degrees when loading it to get it pointing in the right direction, then parent it to a pivot and use the pivot for movement. Max does the same thing, what looks like the right way round in the front viewport isn't :S and this is what I've done with models in the past.

Algo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Have you tried LoaderMatrix?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#4]
I get this a lot, I always just use 'rotateMesh entity,0,180,0' *once* after loading, then it should work with your current code.

Or if you need the mesh the same way for other reasons, instead of point entity, get the vector from entity a to b, then invert the vector and then use it with aligntovector.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#5]
I don't think you can rotatemesh boned meshes.

Traci(Posted 2004) [#6]
No I don't think you can, you get all sorts of weird effects :S

cash(Posted 2004) [#7]
If you can load your model into Milkshape, then there is a rotate-all function which rotates model and animation etc to get around this issue.

The Rotate-All option is a pluging which can be obtained from the Milkshape site.

Jager(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks all,

Milkshape has a bug where you cannot Rotate-all more than once, it screws up the co-ordinates (ie skeleton and mesh go in different directions when rotated.)

I haven't tried loaderMatrix yet.

Jager(Posted 2004) [#9]
How does loaderMatrix work? Do you call the function before or after loading a mesh?

Thanks

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#10]
Before it