Anyone making a professional mesh editor...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anyone making a professional mesh editor...

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Email me if you are interested in using the Cartography Shop 5 core for your interface. I am at a stage now where it could be used to make a map or mesh editor, anything that requires multiple viewports. The program uses really fast drawing and has a really light-feeling touch. It's much, much faster than any previous version. The drawing is pixel-perfect and locks exactly to the grid. Grids can be resized, viewports zoom in and out, any number of viewports or layout is allowed, and any viewport can switch back and forth between perspective or any of the 3 orthographics views. Controls are easy to add because I use WorldToViewport() and ViewportToWorld() commands.

I won't charge very much, and will have a couple of stipulations. The reason I am posting this is because I would like to see a low-cost model editor with a fast interface like this, but I myself want to stick to working on a map editor. This is a method that has been worked on and improved over a couple of years, and has been tested by, well, hundreds of people.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'll email you halo.(Which would work brilliantly if I had an address to reach you at.)

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#3]
josh
at
thegamecreators.com

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
If I was a GUi Crack I'd try it. But it seems like this is a bit beyond my horizon. However, good luck. Sounds real good what you said about the higher speed.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Haven't gotten any emails.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#6]
I suspect it's this sentence that's putting some people off.
"I won't charge very much, and will have a couple of stipulations."

Of course I understand why you need to do that but maybe if you expand what you mean by stipulations a few more people might be interested, unless of course no-one's up for making a mesh editor.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'm not going to post that publically. I said 'I haven't gotten any emails' because this guy above said he wanted to email me, and maybe I deleted it by accident.

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very interesting, I guess many people will have interest on this one. This uses OpenGL and BlitzPlus, right?

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#9]
@Halo

Well I don't see what harm posting the stipulations would do ? Unless of course there only money related and nothing to do with what you use it for etc. It was only a suggestion anyway to perhaps encourage a few more people to show some interest.

Chad(Posted 2004) [#10]
Halo;
I purchased Cartography Shop 4 two weeks ago, and if your coming out with the fifth version, will us previous purchasers have to re-buy it?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#11]
Well I don't see what harm posting the stipulations would do?

You aren't familiar with my fan club of jealousy, then.