Looking for a team for a baseball sim

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Looking for a team for a baseball sim

Lilprog(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all-

Just curious if anyone out there would be interested on working on a baseball sim. Id really like to explore the realm of sports with blitz 3d. Baseball by far is one of the easiest sports to code, but is still a great challenge. Looking for a coder or two, and someone who is good at 3d modeling.

Rob

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sounds like a good Idea. Personally I cannot join any project cause I have enough to do with my current stuff. I'd suggest you start writing the game logic and if the gameplay is one there, you could release a demo, which would help to find people to join the team.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#3]
I guess you're going to have to try and recruit North Americans as Baseball is a bit of a mystery to us Euro Trash. :) It's a bit like Rounders though, isn't it?

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#4]
rounders but over arm...:)

John Pickford(Posted 2004) [#5]
My brother was lead artist on Ken Griffey Baseball on SNES (the first one). The entire game was written in Manchester, England with an American Lead designer. It took a while but the team eventually 'got' baseball.

For some reason I ended being invited to a Baseball game in Chicago at Wrigley Field. What a boring sport in real life! It makes cricket look fast.

The game turned out pretty good though; it was on course to sell a million units until the players went on strike and all sales stopped dead. Baseball works well as video game.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#6]
I guy I used to work for once did a SNES version of baseball. Dont think it was the same game though as he was based in the Midlands, I think (RARE).

John Pickford(Posted 2004) [#7]
Rare did the second Ken Griffey game on the SNES. The first was done by Software Creations in Manchester.

Tom(Posted 2004) [#8]
It took a while but the team eventually 'got' baseball.

Yeah, it's just 'rounders' with big burly men with goaties & a HEAP of spitting & fidgeting (ritalin anyone?) :P

Tom

John Pickford(Posted 2004) [#9]
On second thoughts, stick to Americans.

;-)

Lilprog(Posted 2004) [#10]
I posted a few of my ideas on the game:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?log=318&user=5664