Hack a Blitz3D EXE so the window starts hidden?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Hack a Blitz3D EXE so the window starts hidden?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is this possible? Can someone with more knowledge in this area try and hack an EXE and see if they can remove the WS_VISIBLE flag from the OpenWindow instruction, or add a ShowWindow() [hide window] command in there?

It would make applications much more professional looking if they didn't start at 400x300, flash to the entire desktop area, then size back down to 800x600.

Koriolis(Posted 2004) [#2]
Start here:
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum5&topic=003372

Rogue Vector(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm not sure, but I think BlitzSys.DLL Version: v1.05 allows you to hide the Blitz runtime window for Blitz 3D.

Regards,

Rogue Vector

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#4]
He wants the app to start with the window hidden, not to hide it after.

Red(Posted 2004) [#5]
I asked this question several times.
But nobody have the solution.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
As Koriolis said, somebody at blitzdoer used to patch a blitz binary.

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#7]
They explain how to remove it in the blitzcoder link it would seem

Spacemonkey(Posted 2004) [#8]
And the patch program works... :)

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#9]
I never noticed this problem...
-RZ

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#10]
The patch program changes the starting window size. I asked to start the window hidden. The reason for this is that is you write an application, you have to initialize the DirectX window at the largest size it can ever be, which is the size of the desktop. I don't want the non-maximized size of the window to be that big, so I have to initialize graphics3d at that size, then resize it to 800x600 or something.

REDi(Posted 2004) [#11]
Just a thought...
If you did manage to hack the exe or whatever to stop the window from showing up, I think you wouldn't be able to get the hwnd of the window with GetActiveWindow :(

...But I might be wrong?