Recording AVI's?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Recording AVI's?

Jager(Posted 2004) [#1]
Ok, I suppose there isn't a way to record an AVI file in Biltz?

The reason I ask is that I've discovered Microsofts Movie Maker and am creating a little intro for my game and would like to add some game action / walk though help.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#2]
there is.. Fraps i use it, its not very good with dx7 BUT you do get a decend framerate. works REAL SWEET on dx9 tho :)

http://www.fraps.com <-- website

Billamu(Posted 2004) [#3]
There's a Blitz Avi Dll out there somewhere. It saves individual frames to a BMP file and then passes the file to an AVI converter.

Billamu(Posted 2004) [#4]
http://www.studiox64.co.uk/blitzavi.php

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#5]
this is incredibly slow, it would take ages for you to make a demo in avi this method, Tho its a nice result after tho:) thanks for the link

Billamu(Posted 2004) [#6]
You're right. I used this method to render some graphics to an Avid (editing software) codec AVI. It took about 20 minutes to render 30 seconds. So it's not suitable for real-time capture.

Jager(Posted 2004) [#7]
neo,
///////
there is.. Fraps i use it, its not very good with dx7 BUT you do get a decend framerate. works REAL SWEET on dx9 tho :)

www.fraps.com <-- website
////////

I cannot get the thing to work? :(

I press F9 to start recording but nothing happens? I tried it on my desktop and in my game, both failed to produce a AVI file.

It's running in my toolbar so I assuming it's working?

Hmmmmm .. I must be dumber than the average bear.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#8]
Jager,

If you want to - send your game/demo/scenes to me with some instructions and I'll do it using a piece of hardware which produces excellent results real-time, with sound too.

IPete2.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#9]
Jager, FRAPS works only in full screen games, DX7 has had a reboost so i get about 40 FPS and not 23.

hit F9 in Fullscreen, this should work. Contact the guys ate fraps, there very helpfull

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#10]
fraps2.1 the commercial version (xp and p3+ only, no amd) works in windows and is a *lot* faster than the old version. Can record sound too.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#11]
i have a AMD works perfectly fine here :) they got 2.2 out anyways and yeah FASTER!