Surprise, surprise B3D model help needed

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Surprise, surprise B3D model help needed

Makepool(Posted 2004) [#1]
This is a slightly tricky post as my friend does the modelling and I do the program but here goes.

We're trying to create an animated B3D model, my friend believes he has done this using 3D MAX 5, when the model is previewed in the B3D pipeline the B3D animates perfectly.

Once used within a Blitz program itself however it seems to be a static mesh, I'm using the code below to try an animate the model. I've used the same code to animate a walking robot B3D model I had from a demo a while back and that animates perfectly.

Can anyone help? If anybody is interested I can email them the B3D model.

; LoadAnimMesh Example
Graphics3D 800,600
SetBuffer BackBuffer()

camera=CreateCamera()
PositionEntity camera,0,20,-100

light=CreateLight()
RotateEntity light,90,0,0

robot=LoadAnimMesh("C:\Documents and Settings\Chewy\My Documents\Models\manlook.b3d")

SetAnimTime robot,100,0

Animate robot,1,0.1

While Not KeyDown(1)
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Text 0,0,Animating (robot)
Text 0,10,AnimLength (robot)
Text 0,20,AnimSeq (robot)
Flip
Wend

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Look up extractaminseq

Pudding(Posted 2004) [#3]
If the skinned mesh is not the root of the b3d, you will have to animate it manually using FindChild(). Whenever possible, you should export skinned characters without checking Scene Root. If you have to add a Scene Root (b3d files with multiple roots are invalid), look at "subanims.bb" in the B3d Extensions library for code that automatically finds animated children and animates them (that's what the B3d Pipeline Viewer uses).

-Pudding

Makepool(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks....but unfortunately the page appears to be down right now