B3D goofiness

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D goofiness

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey guys,

I have a B3D file that has a couple of companion B3D files for animation sequences. Theoretically I should just be able to load the base b3d file then "loadanimseq" the other files for the animation.

The problem I'm running in to is that my animation transitions with "animate" are messing up even though the files were all derived from and animated from the base object file in my 3d package. This shouldn't happen. It's like the bones in the mesh are getting confused in blitz and transitioning to the wrong location. I can even have it transition from a sequence into the exact same sequence, and it pops the bones out of position. Anyone run in to something like this?

GW(Posted 2004) [#2]
If you use any mesh commands on the model it will make it go haywire, you have to stick with just entity commands

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#3]
All I'm doing is switching sequences with the animate command. There must be something wrong inside my model.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#4]
Can you post a sample of your problem? Code and models.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#5]
Unfortunately no. The models are comercial stuff. I'll have to spend the weekend beating through it. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Just take a little time that's all.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
Make sure each sequence's first frame has keys for all (or at least all moving) bones, so Blitz will find their start position.