Tone down the perspective view

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Tone down the perspective view

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have a circular shape drawn on the screen [edit] and viewed [/edit]from a low angle and close to the camera. It looks something like this:

The original image looks like this:

Do you notice that the real center of the image looks off-center in the perspective view?
What I would like to achieve is something that looks more like this:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to tone down the perspective view when the camera is close up?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
I don't know what you mean by "a low angle," and the rendering looks centered to me, but to adjust the amount of perspective distortion you adjust CameraZoom.

Cleve(Posted 2004) [#3]
The picture below is isometric(no perspective). Use cameraprojmode 2 for orthographic projection.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
To tone down the perspective change the camerazoom.

Camerazoom 1.6 is pretty much the usual one to remove fish eye effect. Increase this further and you'll get less and less perspective on far objects, so you increase the zoom and move the camera backwards.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#5]
You can try scaling the camera to give you groovy effects as well. Not sure what the scaling does technically but it does change things.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#6]
WolRon, I can't quite make out what you're doing. Are you simply texturing a quad with that image, and then laying it flat on the ground? If so, I guess you could use PostionTexture to scroll the image down until it looks how you want.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#7]
The picture below is isometric(no perspective). Use cameraprojmode 2 for orthographic projection.
CameraProjMode 2 is definitely NOT what I want.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#8]
Uhh, I may be going off on a tangent, but that texture doens't look like it's been centralised on the mesh. It looks like it needs to be repositioned to face the camera?

Deldy(Posted 2004) [#9]
Have you tried someone of the EntityFX's? Maybe there is someone there do the trick. Just a idea.

Maybe you can send us the code, would make it much easier.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#10]
Uhh, I may be going off on a tangent, but that texture doens't look like it's been centralised on the mesh.
It is centered on the mesh. The first image is a view from the side (but slightly above center). The second image is from directly above.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#11]
/me continues to mumble to self, but still no one notices :P

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#12]
If so, I guess you could use PostionTexture to scroll the image down until it looks how you want.
No, this will not help, the image needs to be able to rotate.

I tried some of your guys suggestions. Moving the camera back and increasing the CameraZoom worked the best, but then the 'cone' that you see through becomes about half the size and the player can't see as much of the background.

I guess I'll have to leave it as is or settle for only a slight improvement.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#13]
Why not use two cameras?

Place you wonderful circle far away from everything else, and set up a camera to render that (with the appropriate camera zoom), and another to render the rest of the scene?