Texture Shaders Lib

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Texture Shaders Lib

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Quake 3-like texture shaders!

Totally automated, and time-independent. Just create the shader, then call UpdateTexShaders() before your RenderWorld. I called this 'tex' shaders because I intend to add a vertex shader lib. Obviously, a vertex shader will only be able to do things Blitz3D can do, but I have some cool ideas, like pulsating meshes and refracting water.

The final version has scroll, spin, pulse, wave, sawtooth, and strobe shaders.

Get it here:
http://www.leadwerks.com/post/TexShaders.zip

It's nothing you can't do with Blitz code, but putting it all in a DLL standardizes it and makes it accessible from any program. The management is really easy, with just an UpdateTexShaders() call at any time.

Eole(Posted 2004) [#2]
CAn you post some screen, please

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#3]
oh yes. very interesting

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#4]
It's not going to look like anything in a still screenshot.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Pretty cool. I have no immediate need for effects like this, but this'll be handy to keep in my little war chest.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#6]
Josh,

Thanks for this - as Joe said great for the warchest!

:)

IPete2.

semar(Posted 2004) [#7]
Impressive.

Thank you Josh for sharing.

Sergio.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#8]
I get a "user lib not found" error, even after putting the decl and dll in the userlib folder, and placing the dll in \system32

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#9]
I didn't move any files from where they were when I unzipped the archive and it worked fine.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#10]
I get a "user lib not found" error, even after putting the decl and dll in the userlib folder, and placing the dll in \system32
Check the .decls file. It has 'dll/texshaders.dll' or something as .lib, change it to just 'texshaders.dll'

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#11]
Awesome! I can think of tons of uses for this. Thanks Josh!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]
nice, thanks :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#13]
yes, very nice.
Thanks a lot Josh

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#14]
All the speed values are based on one second, so 1 second to make a full rotation, scroll across, or whatever.

I think the timing is really cool. :D You don't need these that much in a WW2 game, but I will be using them for making foliage sway and water run.

Next up...vertex shaders! (Or should it be surface shaders?)

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#15]
Great.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#16]
Halo, why not just jack Cg into your phobias lib? real Vertex shaders are great for things like swaying grass etc. (No need to costantly update the agp side mesh, which is slow no matter how you do it.)