spheremap and cubemap

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/spheremap and cubemap

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
I don't think I understand cubemap texture well enough to get it to work. I made a model which I then exported as a 3ds. I also opened milkshape and threw it to b3d and x as well since I have a small problem with jaggy looking reflection surfaces on the flat parts.

OK so I load the mesh.
I load the texture with speremap
looks OK but the jaggys are killing me!!!
I try to load the texture as cubemap and I get

TEXTURE DOES NOT EXIST

Whats going on???

-Rook

Rob(Posted 2004) [#2]
Have you checked examples?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yep... I still don't really get it. There is a lot of numbers after the cubewater example but very little is explained.

-RZ

Oh the jaggy problem was me... I wasn't saving flat planes as FLAT... Rhino 3d can be tricky!!!

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
A cubemap texture is basically one long texture. The texture is dividing up into the six sides of a cube. This is then applyed to the model and blitz does the rest. Unless you want to dynamically update it that is.

-------------------
| | | | | | |
-------------------

Also, make sure the texture is in the correct directory.

Akat(Posted 2004) [#5]
- make sure that mesh u want to apply the texture on should be in high-poly (or at least fair enough to 'hold' the texture)
- make sure that the size of cubemap camera (power of 2) should be less that MainCamera (game camera).

* lets say u set the graphics with graphics3d 640,320,0,1 - cubemap should be in 256x256, coz 320 can't hold 512
* if 800,600 - 512x512
* 1024,768 - 512x512
* 1280,1024 - 1024x1024

is this make any sense for u guys?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#6]
F1 - Cubemap

check out the code example and play around with it's "updatecubemap" function etc till you understand how it really works :)