Remeber BlitzBasic on Amiga :)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Remeber BlitzBasic on Amiga :)

Filax(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.back2roots.org/Tools/Dev/

Pinete(Posted 2004) [#2]
Incredible, lovely...
Thanks Filax!

... and by the way, when do you think you will release
as source your pop4 effect that you used in your demo
egypt?!!!! (which is completely awesome)
;P

Thanks again!

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#3]
I have very fond memories of both BlitzBasic 2.1 and the Amiga. It is THE reason I brought Blitz3D as I knew that Mark always delivers the goods. It is also the reason I finally decided to get into the PC world and leave my Amiga behind although it`s still very much a part of me.

Jason.

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#4]
hehe, I stil have all 4 of my Amiga's :)
and they still have BlitzBasic 2 on the HD's haha

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#5]
The only thing I get to remember is that BlitzBASIC didn't go with ATARI800xl (as far as I ever knew!) and niether for ATARI1024... I remember being upset about that since MONKEYbasic really bit the big cookie!!!

-Rook Zimbabwe

Filax(Posted 2004) [#6]
lol :) i hope mark see this message :)

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#7]
/me waits patiently for Mark to release uber-BlitzPC that will actually match BB2...

Filax(Posted 2004) [#8]
Sure :)

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#9]
OT--- I WANT BlitzMAX!!! NOW!!! :P <- Going nuts (OK more nuts!)
-RZ

GR(Posted 2004) [#10]
I used AMOS on the Amiga... (dodging thrown objects)

Inner(Posted 2004) [#11]
you can even get the source for Amiga Blitz too, it's hanging around somewhere, infact I'm suprise Mark hasn't put it on the site as a freebe.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#12]
Yeah, purebasic is based off it iirc.

Filax(Posted 2004) [#13]
:)

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#14]
Was quite the ripoff from what I recall =] Author of purebasic had written numerous blitzlibs that were most usually a tiny fraction of the size of the ones included with Blitz (at one stage it could be oasted that you could open up a screen and a window in a 2KB bootblock :), eventually the collection got so large and impressive I guess Fred decided he could write a basic compiler himself =]