How many of you use Total Terrain?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How many of you use Total Terrain?

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, just wondering how many people use Total Terrain (1 or 2)? I don't monitor how many downloads the file has, and it would be useful to know if anyone uses it, and especially if anyone uses it regularly. It seems there is a huge furore every time a new terrain editor comes out even if it costs money, so I am just wondering if people know about my free one. (Click my sig if you want it)

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#2]
Me! It's a great tool mtricks and you can't beat free.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hey mrtricks,
I use it! It's the best terrain editor I've ever seen :)

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#4]
Just downloaded it to try-out (the second one), and from what I see, its pretty damn good. It could many things but considerin' its only 60% done it does the job. Just created a terrain and loaded it in blitz, only issue I came across was figuring out what the scale used in TT2 was on the terrain so I could get the exact same height as in my b3d test program, so for the time being I threw in "50" for the y-scale of the terrain.

One thing I was wondering though was, any chance in the future it'll have an option to display the terrain with all it's poly across it then just the "grid" portion you're currently working on?
(found it kinda annoying to find the section I'm workin on looks nice and smooth while the "grid" sections beside it are slightly blocky...it also made for some seams to appear between them as well)

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#5]

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#6]
I have it, and when I have need of terrains, will use it.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#7]
I've usewd it for one project, and it did a great job.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#8]
The major edge (some) other terrain editors have over yours is in texturing the terrain. Total Terrain is good for creating terrain geometry, but doesn't do anything interesting as far as texturing that terrain.

Kepu(Posted 2004) [#9]
I tried to enter your site for download your that, but I get message:
"The connection was refused when attempting to connect
www.all-seeing-i.co.uk"

:(

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#10]
Yeah, that was my old website. Click my sig below - the new url is http://www.robinking.com/allseeingi

Sir Felgar(Posted 2004) [#11]
I used Total Terrain 1 to generate the terrain in my M&M tech demo. Not had a chance to check out TT2 yet though, I'll need to give it a go at some point.

Chip&Chop(Posted 2004) [#12]
I use TT1 regularly.

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#13]
Chip&Chop, is there any reason you prefer version 1? Did version 2 lose something you liked from 1?

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#14]
but doesn't do anything interesting as far as texturing that terrain.

Yeah, if Tricks were to throw in some alphavertex stuff, along with painting on "layers" for hardware multitexturing with access to the textureblend modes per layer, it'd make for a better terrain-paint editor, though it could use some more tools.......and possibly a source-generator so you can easily make the terrains look exactly like they do in TT.....bah, I gotta shuddap now, starting to request too much here...

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#15]
You can paint on the different layers, although you can't choose different blend modes. I'd really like to update TT, although I'm never sure if it gets used or completely passed over. But we'll see, once my college course is over...