compilation bother

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/compilation bother

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
is there a way to compile a blitz program so that the compiler doesn't try to find errors? I' writing an updte for someone for a program for which I don't have the disk. To make things easy, I linked everything to his cd-rom drive, which is E:\. Unfortunately, I don't hav ethe disk, so the compiler says there's no file there and stops compilation. Is there a way to stop this?
Also, is there a problem with terrains and texture blending, because it seems that my terrain is transparent now for no reason.

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#2]
In the standard Blitz IDE, just uncheck 'Debug Enabled?' in the 'Program' menubar menu.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
In the standard Blitz IDE, just uncheck 'Debug Enabled?' in the 'Program' menubar menu.
If you do that, Axeman is right - it won't report an error.

It'll just crash with a Memory Access Violation instead.

Is there a way to stop this?
Yes. Don't use absolute file paths.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#4]

Also, is there a problem with terrains and texture blending, because it seems that my terrain is transparent now for no reason.

Have you updazted Blitz3D? It may be somethin to do with the new Alphablending thingy...(?)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#5]
Malice: Yes, I updated, and that seems to be what caused the error... I'm going to do a simple test shortly.

The compiling works now, yay! That's odd though because I could have sworn I had the debug button unchecked...

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#6]
oh, and I need absolute paths bcause I have to read from a CD because the person doesn't understand the concept of copy and paste.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#7]
I dont see how that stops you from using relative paths....