has anybody ever had a bug like this?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/has anybody ever had a bug like this?

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#1]

those weird triangles (the ones that obviously should not be there) keep attached to the center of the screen while i fly around with the camera, and on certain positions blitz doens't render the mesh at all (because it thinks it is not visible?).

the mesh you see is generated and if i give it a bit more space to generate itself this doesn't happen.

there is no code that (re)places vertices in the mail loop or something similar, so i'm pretty clueless. your advice is very welcome ;)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#2]
That might happen if the vertex positions got set to NaN somehow... That's the only thing I can think of that might cause it. Hmm.... Perhaps also those tris have vertex indexes set to vertices that don't exist.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#3]
Perhaps just some clipping? perhaps sections of the mesh are too close to the camera.
What video card / drivers are you using?

|I'm curious about the colour too, why are those triangles black. Is white the CameraClsColour?

blitz doens't render the mesh at all (because it thinks it is not visible?).

If just part of a mesh touches the camera, then that whole face is not rendered.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#4]
ok i have fixed it. sswift was right about the NaN coordinate stuff. i actually figured it out a while ago and commented it, i guess i should actually read my comments the next time ;)