BCF version 2.04 layering issues

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BCF version 2.04 layering issues

SSS(Posted 2004) [#1]
hi everyone, im writing a level editor in blitz using BCF 2.04 and im experiencing some issues where parts of gadgets will dissapear and I was wondering if there was any quick way to solve these issues. Also if there were a way i could fix it by just editing my source or the bcf source that would be much better since if modified bcf a bit and would have to do it all again if i downloaded the update. well here is the source of the section of code where the gadgets get all wierd (in this case its the UnitListBox and the TileUnitTeamComboBox that are giving me trouble)

Function CreateUnitWindow()
	If BCF_Window(TileToolWindow)
		BCF_MsgBox("Warning","You Can Not Open The Unit Editor With The Tile Editor Open",0)
		Return
	Else If BCF_Window(UnitWindow) = False
		UnitWindow = BCF_CreateWindow(GraphicsWidth()/2-200,GraphicsHeight()/2-130,420,255,1,1,"Unit Tool Bar", True, True)
		UnitSelectedTileLabel = BCF_CreateLabelText(UnitWindow,10,20,"Selected Tile = ",1,1)
		BCF_CreateLabelText(UnitWindow,10,50,"Possible Units",1,1)
		TileUnitListBox = BCF_CreateListBox(UnitWindow,250,80,150,120)
		BCF_SelectedComboBoxValue(TileUnitTeamComboBox,team\Name$)
		LastTileUnitTeamComboBoxValue$ = team\Name$
		UnitListBox = BCF_CreateListBox(UnitWindow,10,80,150,120)
		TileUnitTeamComboBox = BCF_CreateComboxBox(UnitWindow,200,20,200,50)
		For team.Team = Each Team
			BCF_AddComboBoxItem(TileUnitTeamComboBox, team\Name$)
		Next
		team = First Team
		For u.Unit = Each Unit
			If u\teamID = team\ID Then BCF_AddListBoxItem(UnitListBox,u\Name$ + " : H" + Handle(u))
		Next
		UnitSelectedLabel = BCF_CreateLabelText(UnitWindow,10,210,"Selected Unit = NONE",1,1)
		BCF_CreateLabelText(UnitWindow,260,50,"Units In Current Tile",1,1)
		UnitAddButton = BCF_CreateButton(UnitWindow,180,100,60,20," >> ") 
		UnitSubtractButton = BCF_CreateButton(UnitWindow,180,80+80,60,20," << ") 
		UnitPropertiesButton = BCF_CreateButton(UnitWindow,310,205,90,20,"Properties")
	EndIf
End Function

thanks alot!!

ps is bcf 2.0 free or will i have to buy 3.0 anyway when i want to release my game/level editor?

SSS(Posted 2004) [#2]
bump

Filax(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi

the 2.0 version is free you can distribute the lib with
your code: :)

For your problem i don't understand well the problem with your code ?
can you explain me ?

SSS(Posted 2004) [#4]
oh great, thanks alot its really great code!!

umm the exact problem im having is that, for the TileUnitTeamComboBox when i click the button to expand it there is no background or up button its as if the box that goes under the text is missing as is the button to scroll up. the same thing happens with the UnitListBox, the box behind the text disappears... its a very strange problem to be sure, thanks alot

Filax(Posted 2004) [#5]
??? strange problem ??? maybe a problem with your type ?

SSS(Posted 2004) [#6]
ya probably iv been lookin and i cant find it, il look some more, thanks alot... sorry i didnt reply earlier, exams