verfum(Posted 2004) [#1]
Write Blitz applications in C++

A demo of EzBlitz is now available.
www.EzBlitz.com

Go to the downloads page.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#2]
nice site :)

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#3]
This seems really awesome! Can't wait to try it. I'm on Linux atm.

verfum(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks aCiD2. I'm going to improve the site to be more comprehensive as I develop EzBlitz.

Any questions about how to use EzBlitz just mail info@...

I'm away on a UML course for a week so I can't develop EzBlitz for a while :( I will be able to read my mail, and access the web so I'll be able to answer questions.

Cheers!

N(Posted 2004) [#5]
Interesting.

If only it weren't (basically) linked to Blitz, then cross platform development would work properly (assuming that this is what I think it is).

verfum(Posted 2004) [#6]
Oh yes the direct download url is

http://www.ezblitz.com/EzBlitz.zip

electronin(Posted 2004) [#7]
Cool! you need mfc71.dll and msvcr71.dll for it to start. Great work though!

verfum(Posted 2004) [#8]
Noel. Yes you're right. This is the best method I can think of at present for controlling Blitz from C++. I do have a more ambitious background project that involves translation of C++ to Blitz by using an intermediate conversion to plain 'C'. I have found commercial translator/parsers that convert to C and other languages which can be configured to convert to Blitz. As I say it's ambitious, but not impossible.

verfum(Posted 2004) [#9]
electronin - Yes, sorry anyone who's tried to run the demo and hasn't got these Dlls. I did rush the demo installation to get it on the web before my training course next week. When I get back I'll create a proper install shield installer which will include these Dlls.

In the mean time try www.filesearching.com and search for
mfc71.dll and msvcr71.dll.

verfum(Posted 2004) [#10]
To get the dll files go to
www.dll-files.com

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#11]
hahaha cool man, that's awesome!

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#12]

verfum(Posted 2004) [#13]
> will this run faster than the compiled ones in B3D?

Yes and no.

The idea is to only use the 3d graphics routines from Blitz, but code everything else (collision detection, network comms, file access) from your C++ app.

There are far more useful game algorithms and utils that I can use in C++ without having to port them to Blitz. For instance I use a collision detection library called Solid.

Because this is a library, you could write routines in assembler and C++ if you want and this could be faster.

The main advantage is to control a game using C++ which is far more maintainable when the projects get large. If designed properly, the C++ application will be more stable.

verfum(Posted 2004) [#14]
These are links to the Dlls people may be missing.

ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/antivirus/datfiles/7.x/Current/SPAM1000/SPAM/0000/msvcr71.dll

http://www.dll-files.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/dll-files/topdown/download.pl?file=mfc71.zip==