LoadMesh vs. LoadAnimMesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/LoadMesh vs. LoadAnimMesh

churchaxe(Posted 2004) [#1]
Some of my meshes are animated and some aren't, so I'm using LoadAnimMesh() for loading both types of them. Normally this works fine, BUT:

1. when scaling them using ScaleMesh, the animated parts of the meshes get messed up (some of the vertices seem to loose their location, animations on that meshes look weird)

2. on just *some* meshes (both .x and .b3d file types) I'm getting a -20000000 size using the MeshWidth(), MeshHeight()... functions, if and ONLY if I previously loaded then by LoadAnimMesh(). Loaded with LoadMesh() the same meshes turn out to be of size .06 to .8 (in the case of an .x mesh-export from milkshape3d) or from 980 to 3300 (in another case, this one is the athene.b3d file of the "normal-demo").

Could it be that LoadAnimMesh() has got a restriction concerning the size of the meshes to be loaded (i.e. not too big, not too small)??

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
I don't know why vertices would "loose their location," but that animations look weird is to be expected. If you want to scale an entity and still have the animation look right, use ScaleEntity.

churchaxe(Posted 2004) [#3]
ok, joe, ScaleEntity works fine, thanks a lot