Export Problems...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Export Problems...

Clique(Posted 2004) [#1]
How do you give a character an animation to work in blitz, i tried to test it in 3dsmax 5 by giving my character some bones in his leg and exporting as a B3D file, but when i put it into blitz it dont animate and you see the bone animate through his leg. i read the help files with the B3D exporter but i couldnt get it to work. if anyone else has some sort of 3rd person game and knows how to do it that would be great. :D

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#2]
There is a demo in the samples folder called (well for some reason it is in the MAK directory in a folder called DRAGON. The dragon in that sample is animated but only for a few of its total frame range... Look at that code and change the frame numbers to see different.

The source is coded and pretty good!

-RZ

Clique(Posted 2004) [#3]
i already know how to animate and the dragon is a MD2 model you FOOOOL, i want to put a skin modifier onto a b3d model.

thanx anyway

Big&(Posted 2004) [#4]
Maybe you have the same problem this guy had:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=33824

Clique(Posted 2004) [#5]
Anyone who has made a 3rd person game could you tell me how you animate characters e.g. walking.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
are you using puddings blitz 3d pipeline. if not you should be

Clique(Posted 2004) [#7]
I have the b3d pipeline from the Specs and Utils but i dont know if i need anything else or if i need to do something with it. but i dont have the extensions for it is that whats wrong?

Big&(Posted 2004) [#8]
Is your character skin a Skin modifier or a Physique modifier?

Did you bother looking at that link above as it has an exmaple with a Max file of a skined animated model, exported from Max with Blitz Pipeline, to a Blitz B3d file that works fine?

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#9]
it does work though, you must have doen something wrong.
yeah you have to use skin modifier also. physique doesn't work with pipleline.