Rag doll demo with source code!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Rag doll demo with source code!

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey,

I've been playing with Scouse's rag doll demo and i've modified it to allow the rag doll to be shot. You can get it here:
http://www.downloads.polarstudios.co.uk/twisted-souls/ragdoll.zip
requires tokamak and wrapper to run.

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#2]
I couldn't get it to work at all... I put tokamak.dll and tokamakwrapper.dll into the unzipped folder, and it ran, but keys 3 and 4 wouldn't do anything.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#3]
give us a choice of resolutions and color depth I cant run the program, i need 800,600,16

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#4]
Slenkar,

since there IS .bb source included, just change it from there and compile?

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#5]
ah i didnt see that because my .bb files have become unassociated with everything so they just look like system files.

Ran it.........damn thats cool!!!!!!!!!!!

The head seems too floppy, with a few more constraints the head could move a lot more realistically, e.g. in R.L.
it cant tilt much to the left or right unless you are conciously moving it.

Also the W,A,D controls dont work

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#6]
mrtricks yea i disabled them, jsut move the mosue a click the guys head. all controls disabled but you should be able to enable it by changing the physicsactive variable in the code. glad you liek it :) i'll have a look at that head thing

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#7]
Ok got it working. Nice! Might be good to constrain the limbs more, so they don't twist round the wrong way etc.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#8]
you can change your sig now, you made something useful

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#9]
awwww how cute ;) good point :)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#10]
The zip is missing an include file (just keycodes.bb I think.) Which version of the tokamak wrapper did you use? I have the tokamak userlib installed but this won't run.

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work. Thanks for the code! Still need the keycodes include file however.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#11]
yea, the include aws missing when i got it. its dead easy to make your own though. all you need to do is open the editor and then search for key and make a file with constants for all the key presses used in it. :)

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#12]
That's really cool. I like how it re-incarnates (sort of)

As far as the editer goes... hmmm... Well, it looks like even after you get keycodes.bb (http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=668) It doesn't work. You (scouse) did supply the MB_ constants however not the functions they work with because this appears to be using BlitzUI, along with it's api functions. You should probably include it as well.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#13]
thats really odd bot... i ran the editor fine after simplying adding keycodes how odd... :)

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#14]
There is a function called requestfile which doesnt work.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#15]
Yeah. and a bunch of api_ commands. Hmmm. Your right... this isn't blitzui... you just have the right external libs. I have all the user32 api commands.... ah well.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#16]
heres how to get past it :) search for all api_ commands and delete them, replace them with ork.b3d and ork_ragnew.rdr are whatever respectivly and it will work - bit of hacking but it still works :)