My new game

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/My new game

cash(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have finished the first level of my new game, its taken so long I am just staring at the PC wondering how I am going to get the courage to start the next level. My admiration goes out to those "Real" game coders out there who do this for a living.

My website is nowhere near complete, but here is a link to some screenshots. Goto the index page and select Blitz.
Let me know what you think. ( The good old Zombie is in there)

http://www.tech-2.co.uk/

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks decent, can we expect a demo/beta?

electronin(Posted 2004) [#3]
Looks good, cash! in the last screenshot though, it looks like the guy's fingers are sticking in weird directions :)
i like the furniture ;D

cash(Posted 2004) [#4]
electronin, the main character is purchased from the Military essentials pack and his fingers sometimes do look strange depending on the angle you see him from....I put it down to the Zombies.

The Zombie character is free from turbosquid. All other stuuf I created myself.

All I want to do is tidy up a few loose ends then maybe I will
pack it up for people to try. Like I said its the first level....dont know how long it`ll be before the rest is done..could be months at this rate...

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#5]
Nice T-parency effect in Attack Mode! Looks good!!! How big is the level? What are you using to create it?
-Rook

cash(Posted 2004) [#6]
When the level is running it consumes approx 30Mb of RAM.
I have designed it so that although keys, switches etc need to be collected, there are no save points as such. Once a level is complete you will get a password to the next level.

This was due to the fact that I was having real troule with both saving and memory consumption due to the detailed textures.

All I use is Blitz3d and Milkshape V7.0, Paintshop Pro and occasionally the internet for some textures.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#7]
Instead of that password thing, you could have a file telling if a level what levels are completed, it really is annoying to have to write down all those passwords.