Damage maP?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Damage maP?

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is it possible to texture a man with wounds and blood and then put another unwounded texture on top.
Then can certain areas of the top texture be made transparent to show the damage underneath??

Neochrome(Posted 2004) [#2]
actualy i would have done healthy texture on layer 0, then PAINTED the wounds on layer2. in saying that i have no idea how to paint on the same layer, so maybe using
Setbuffer texturebuffer(wounds1)
drawimage woundimage,x,y
setbuffer backbuffer()

note that you would have to texture your model damage texture on layer 1 Not 0 (o is your healthy texture)

youd have to fiddle with the textureblend on the damage texture, but this would work like a charm

that way the you wouldn't have to worry about triangles and texture UVs

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#3]
Slenkar, you would just have to alter the alpha map of the top texture, don't forget to set the blending mode to alpha.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ill give it a try sometime, Im surprised no one has done anything like this before

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#5]
I read the name of this topic and I thought "Oh dang! My best idea ever and it's stolen!" Fortunately however, you haven't, so I won't have to asassinate you. I'm actually also quite surprised that this type of thing is rarely seen, because it seems easy to achieve. I'm designing a shatter scripting and / or mapping system (things either break the same way as long as you hit them in the same spot, or they have scripts that carry out some weird physics thing to decide how things break). Just curious though: How do you go about finding the coordinates on the damage texture to paint to?

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#6]
dunno

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#7]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=515

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#8]
S'cud!

Is there a way of getting the UV co-ords of a collision? Like when a sword collides with a person.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#9]
Same thing only different :) If you replace all the Picked*() with Collision*() it just might work!