Prefab Converter for CShop actually Works NOW!!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Prefab Converter for CShop actually Works NOW!!!

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi All...

Im' very happy to let everyone here on the BlitzBasic forums
know that Josh has finally fixed the problem with the
PrefabMaker4 converter program in which it allows a CShop
user to convert his or hers models into the .csm
prefab format for CShop4.1

And yes!! All the texture UV's are in tact as well!!
I couldn't believe this either untill I actually tried it out myself, and found out that it actually WORKS!!!!
I found this out just a moment ago by visiting the CShop forums on the GameCreators website just a little while ago!
There might be alot of you that might already know this!!
But for me here... This was very good news indeed! So if this doesn't seem to be anything new to you? Then please excuse it then. But if you didn't know this then?! You do now! I uploaded the zip file of this update to my website where you can either download it from here!, Or you can visit the GameCreator's website on the CShop forums there, and download it from there then! Anyways... This is very good news for existing CShop owners and future CShop owners in the future.

Here's some screenshot's proving this is so!

I guess good things do come to them that wait huh! :)

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#2]
That's great. Can wait to download the importer.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Actually CyberHeater... It's not an importer!!
It's a converter for converting your models into CShop4.1
prefabs so they can be loaded into CShop as a prefab! But still... Prefab or model, They can be put into CShop4.1 now!
:)

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks Doctor. How is the Tardis these days?

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#5]
Just fine! I got to warp out to see davros today! :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
hey Doc... where would i be able to get the latest PreFab Maker...

i can't seem to find it over there...

Thanks

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'll have Rich post it in the downloads section. Probably won't be up there until next week.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#8]
k... sounds good,

thx josh

--Mike

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#9]
Yeah thank's a million josh for correcting this problem! I know I've been harping about this alot and all towards you! But you might not of understood the frustration and all that alot of users might of been going through to want to be able to import their models into CShop4.1

However though, I realize you had other projects you've been dealing with as well! But once again... I very much appreciate this very much so and give you a BIG THANK YOU!!!!
:)

Keep up the good work! And I can't wait untill CShop 5 comes out to see what all kinds of stuff you've done with it! :)

@Red Ocktober

You can download the newest version of PrefabMaker4 from
my website here --> http://www.3dgx.com/PrefabConverter4.zip

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks for your patience. We just finished with the WWII stuff, and Character Shop is going to eat up the rest of this month before it's done, then it's back to CShop.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#11]
Thanks for the link Doc... getting it now.

Looking forward to your upcoming Character Shop Josh... been following what lil news has been trickling out, and it looks quite promising...

And getting PreFab 'straight' is a big plus indeed...

--Mike

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#12]
Oh WOW! Sounds great!!!! So what all do you have planned with CharacterShop? And also as a special note to you on your products and all... I would recommend meaybe that you setup a section on your forum or the darkbasic website under your products and all.. And make a section of what your going to be working on as far as current projects and also to let other people know as well as your customers as to what your going to be dealing with as far as development is concerned! This way if you keep everybody posted as to what your doing and all.. They wont feel like their in the dark wondering what's going on as far as development & product issues are concerned! this way we will know what your involvment will be in and thus we will be at a better position to wait then while you finish other matters your dealing with! But this is merly just a suggestion though! :)

And thank's again for correcting the prefabMaker Problems with the texture UV's and all! :)

I still think it would be nicer to be able to just select import from CShop4.1 itself, And then be able to import your models that way into CShop. But hey!!! Im' not going to complain to much on this since the prefab maker is up and running nicely now! ;)

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#13]
CShop5 will directly import .x, .b3d, .3ds, and allow lightmapping on any mesh.

Character Shop is basically a set of some 60 professionally-made animations, and an editor to weight a mesh onto the animations. It is not an editor to create new animations, but rather provides a really complete set of very high-quality sequences. Some people might not like that it isn't an animation editor at first, but I think after they see the animations they won't want to use crappy home-made sequences anymore.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#14]
Oh WOW!!! This sounds really dam good! :)
Can't wait until this comes out! Will existing CShop customer's have to purchase CShop 5 ??? Or.... Will that be
a free update or something?!?