CameraPick WEIRD

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/CameraPick WEIRD

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am getting weird results when I use CamerPick to select a dice from my new game awriting.

I get different values when I select while running the program in the interpreter than when I do after the program has compiled. Code is as follows... I didn't write it... I modified the code in the dungeontrigger code a lot.
While Not KeyDown( 1 )

;=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=> SETS UP MOUSE PICK
x=MouseX()
y=MouseY()

e=CameraPick(camera,x,y)
	If e<>entity#
		If entity Then EntityColor entity,255,255,255
		entity#=e
		EndIf
; =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=> COLORS MOUSE PICK
If entity#
		EntityColor entity,255,220,60 ; COLOR=Golden Yellow
		selected=entity               ; Did this to show what the computer thought the address was
		If MouseDown(1)               ; push L/mousebutton and get the number showing on the die
		 Select entity
			Case die1 numb=dice1
			Case die2 numb=dice2
			Case die3 numb=dice3
			Case die4 numb=dice4
			Default numb=0 
		End Select
		EndIf
EndIf

; =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-> When you hit the SPACEBAR make a new set of dice totals
If KeyDown ( 57 ) =True Then dice1=Rand(5)+1 : dice2=Rand(5)+1 : dice3=Rand(5)+1 : dice4=Rand(5)+1

Now the default numbers are already selected going in so that is not the problem.

The selected objects are a set of dice I created as .X files and I rotate to show what number has been rolled.

Irreguardless of the number rolled the same reference appears for the dice.

When the program is running in the interpreter I get a 8 digit number.

After the program has compiled and run I get a 7 digit number with no apparent rference to the 8 digit number.

DJWoodgate(Posted 2004) [#2]
Do not use floats as entity handles.

Rimmsy(Posted 2004) [#3]
or strings

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yep... that got it... I refer to the item by its load handle or name and that actually is cleaner and much more accurate