rag doll physics in tokamak...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/rag doll physics in tokamak...

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#1]
hey, from what you all here me say in these forums you probally think i cant do it... but i reacon i can :) i have the code from Scouse's(is he called Scouse on these forums?) ork demo but haven't really look into it. What the best way of going around doing it? is it s simple as creating the correct geometry where needed?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
wow! aCID you must tell us more.

That demo is orksome...I mean Awesome! LOL.

Anyway I think it is very exciting to see the potential of Tokamak inside B3d. Please reveal as much as you can,

Ipete2.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
What demo? Do you have a link?

EDIT: Thanks for the email. Any chance of distributing the source for that demo?

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#4]
I thought scouse was making an editer to sort of auto-set up people for tokamak? Ah well. Yeah. the ork demos are really cool.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#5]
Joe,

Im not the owner of the code, I just had it on my drive.

Its cool though huh? I would love to get into that with my characters in the future.

IPete2.

Mikele(Posted 2004) [#6]
>IPete2

Can you share the code?

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#7]
yea, scouse was making an editor but he told me that so many people were rigging there character so stupidly that it was impossible to make it work with all types of rigging. he sent me the code so i could see how it was done.

the way that the rag doll stuff is setup in the ork demo is pretty complicated - more than i woudl expect :) its done using a ragdoll type, along with some stuff on expotential force which ive never heard of :)

aCiD2

btw, if any one wants the source, i can ask Scouse if i can upload the source?

Danny(Posted 2004) [#8]
aCiD2, yes please upload if you can.

About to try something similar in the near future and would love to see what's been done / possible etc.

cheers,
D.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#9]
ok, i will try and get in touch with Scouse tonight about uploading the code tonight. also so more tokamak 'extensions' im thinking of making is cloth and rope physics, hopefully using rigid particles.

aCiD2