DOT3 with light color

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/DOT3 with light color

_pc(Posted 2004) [#1]
when i use the function LightColor, it not work well if i use an object with Dot3 textureblend

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
You might want to post this in the B3D bug report forum instead.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm not sure this is a bug. Dot 3 takes the color it is multiplied with, and produces a greyscale value. That's how it knows what the direction of the surface normal is. The color of the surface at that location. If you want colored light with Dot3, then what you need to do is use two surfaces. The lower surface being colored how you want it colored, and the second surface being set to multiply or multiplyx2, with it's colors being the normals, and the texture being set to dot 3. Then the resulting black and white shading will affect the bightness of the colored surface below.

*(Posted 2004) [#4]
Why now create another texture colour this with the light colour and then apply this new texture to the seventh layer of the model this way it overlays over the other textures with the colour required. (you can also do this for texturing).

sswift(Posted 2004) [#5]
Well obivously you don't have to stick it on the 7th layer, just the last layer you use. But that's quite a clever idea! It just might work...